Brotec is a commercial plastic pipe and plastic piping manufacturer based in Carrum Downs, Victoria. Brotec creates an industry standard range of tubing as well as customised commercial plastic piping to suit almost any requirements. Our plastic pipes are made from either nylon or polyethylene using an extrusion method.
Plastic Extrusion Capabilities
Brotec’s range of plastic tube extends across a number of diverse industries and applications. Our industry standard and customised nylon and polyethylene tubing ensures Brotec remains one of the most experienced plastic extrusion pipe manufacturers in Australia. Brotec’s traditional machinery and practices enables high quality plastic extrusion, resulting in durable nylon and polyethylene plastic piping and tubing.
Brotec nylon and polyethylene plastic piping is made to withstand Australian conditions and meets Australian Industry Standards. As one of Australia’s most experienced plastic extrusion companies, Brotec supplies quality polyethylene and nylon tube to a large range of industries across Australia including transport, agricultural, mining and hospitality. Brotec managers and technicians also offer technical support and on-going assistance at all stages of plastic extrusion, from ordering through to production.
Brotec produces the following plastic piping:
- Nylon6 – Normally used for engineering uses and has a natural tendency to be anti-static.
- Nylon11 – Manufactured from Castor oil, this organic-based material can operate from -40°c up to 120°c as is considered a strong alternative to Teflon tubing.
- Flexible Nylon11 – With excellent impact resistance, especially at lower temperatures.
- Semi-Rigid Nylon11 – As a semi-rigid plastic piping product, this material is ideal for permanent installations.
- Graphite Impregnated Tubing – This material is a Nylon11 semi-rigid material that contains graphite to provide self-lubrication.
- Nylon12 – Compounded from mineral oil (petrochemical), this tubing has is the most popular nylon tubing in industrial use. Nylon 12 is heat and light stabilised and has an operating temperature of between -20°c and 80°c with good pressure ratings and abrasion and impact resistance.
- Flexible Nylon 12 – Nylon12 is industry standard material for use in pneumatic tubing and for automotive applications.
- Semi-Rigid Nylon12 – Manufactured for use in high-pressure pneumatics, light hydraulic applications and grease lines.
- Self-Store Nylon 12 Hose – Helically thermal-formed, for use with hand held air tools and used on moving machinery on process lines.
- Low Density Polyethylene – Ideal for irrigation, low-pressure pneumatics, water sampling, chemical lines, beverage conveyance and for food contact applications. Meets the Australian Standard AS2070-1999 Section 4.1.1(a) and the requirements of FDA 21 CFR 177.1520© 2.1for food contact
- Medium Density Polyethylene – Brotec has recently supplied the Victorian Desalination Plant with a grade of medium density polyethylene for prolonged outdoor application.
- High Density Polyethylene – Most commonly made to customer specifications, the material has high strength and hardness.
- Polypropylene – Excellent chemical resistance and is suitable for use in chlorinated water applications.
- Nylon Pressure Tubing – Conforms to AS1257 for dimensional and concentric tolerances and AS1180.5A for burst pressure checks and is specifically for use in compressed air systems.
- Nylon Air Brake Tubing – Brotec nylon single wall air brake tubing is manufactured for United States D.O.T. fittings.
Brotec is a leader among commercial plastic pipes and piping manufacturers and can provide products to your business’ requirements, call (03) 9770 8787 or submit an online contact form.